Saturday, December 13, 2008

Barbarian Fire

Ok, so I received an early Christmas present this year. It was probably the COOLEST Christmas present I've received. It's the Joby Harris framed print "The Barbarian Revolt" you see on my wall. I say, "was," because I'm not sure whether I still have it. You see, we just had someone try to burn down our church building and my office is now no longer quite as pristine as it appears in this picture. In fact, I'm thinking that I'll probably have to replace a fair number of items in my office. I'm just not sure how many yet.

The CSI guys are still combing through a bunch of ash, snow, and nastiness to look for evidence, so we haven't been able to actually step foot in our offices yet. I did get to look in from out in the hall, and it sure wasn't pretty. Maybe I'll post some initial pictures a little later, after the investigation has died down. But for right now I should wait to share those. Anyway...

The print was an idea of my Mom and Dad's. They contacted Joby Harris and got the print from him. Sarah then had it matted and framed. It was STINKIN' AWESOME! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to hang on to it and it won't be a total loss. I hope so.

3 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

Barbarian Revolt does look "Stinkin' Awesome," as you say. If the print is not salvagable, we'll get another. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today as you gather with your church family collectively for the first time since the fire. We love you!

Leslie said...

i am so sorry to hear about this Ashley...i can not imagine how hard that is for everyone there and for your church. I hope that this will soon be resolved and i hope that you will be able to save some of your things from your office.

Laura for the Baillies said...

i'm so sorry ashley...i just heard, how awful...and how amazing to think that the Lord is fully able to bring something good even from this...