Monday, September 29, 2008

A Cat's Favorite Snack

This is a change of pace, but I can't resist...

I was hanging out with my daughter a few days ago working on some of her school work. She's been learning about animals and their habitats, among other things. So, we're reading about animals and what they eat when off the top of my head I think of a corny joke.

I look at Charlotte and ask her, with a straight face, "What's a duck's favorite snack?"
"What?" she asks curiously.
"Quackers." And she roles her eyes BIG time, turning back to her book...
"Well, what's a bear's favorite snack?" I continue.
"What?" she asks again.
"Berries!" I reply with a grin as she groans disgustedly and majorly rolls her eyes.

(Can a five year old really already think her dad is that corny and that much of a dork?! I digress...)

So, with a smirk on her face she looks back at me and asks, "Yeah, well what's a cat's favorite snack?"
Now it's my turn. "What?" I ask.
Full of dry sarcasm, she responds, "Mice," as she turns back to the book on animal habitat to keep reading, and I start rolling with laughter. At that point she finally gave me a grin and we kept on with her school work.

Yep... it's true, I officially have the world's coolest five year-old for a daughter (even though she thinks her dad is a corny dork).

3 comments:

Leslie said...

don't feel bad Ash, you are in good company. My kids, especially Avery, roll their eyes at Chris a lot when he is telling corny jokes. Recently there was a audible groan followed by, "daaaad"! I think i said to chris that they were way to young to think he was a dork already.

Anonymous said...

You are a great dad,keep it up,kids love it even if they do give funny looks and laughs at you.
Families who have fun togeather always come back for more. love you all nana jane

Anonymous said...

I can picture that conversation and I love it! Sounds just like Charlotte. Keep up the good work Papa! N & B